Thursday, February 18, 2016

28/28

Today I turn 28. I have been an "adult" for a decade........ looking back this time seemed so far away and yet I woke up and today...... it is here. So I thought in the spirit of celebration I would share 28 things I have learned in the past 28 years. 


  • Always be kind.
  • Cherish moments..... even the bad ones.
  • The habits you develop early on are actually really important in shaping your adulthood.
  • You will not always agree with your friends, but true friends you will embrace because of your differences.
  • Invest in meaningful relationships.
  • Take time for yourself.
  • Always strive for more knowledge.
  • Find someone who will love you at your worst.
  • Don't be afraid to fail.
  • Do not stop making goals... even the small ones are worth achieving.
  • Find a supportive mentor...... for me it was a wonderful woman who I swear is me 20ish years from now.
  • Pray.
  • Materialistic things will never replace a memory. ( I struggle with that.) 
  • Respect.... that is all encompassing. Respect yourself, your spouse, your children, your neighbor, the grocery lady, the homeless person.... respect.
  • Draw in that Bible. 
  • Take time to talk to the elderly, they are not only wise but they are a hoot.
  • Your kids will push you to unimaginable limits.
  • Money is just a tool..... don't let it control your life. (also easier said than done) 
  • Be good to the body you have, because it is the only one you get.
  • Trust that "the one" who broke your heart is not the only person you will love...... even if it feels like it at the time.
  • Marriage is a lifelong commitment.
  • Sleep is actually decently important.
  • Just because you are related by blood does not mean  you have to like them.
  • Smile til your face hurts.
  • You will get wrinkles....... it is just a fact of life.
  • Take your vitamins!
  • Everyone needs a dog (bonus if you adopt a shelter dog.... just sayin')
  • Give generously, you came in to this world naked and you will go out the same.
Thank you for spending 28 years with me, Lord willing I will be able to be chatting it up for many more years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment