Thursday, March 3, 2016

Advocating For My Family

    Today I come to you as a woman, mother and all around frazzled human being. We recently relocated to a new state for my husbands job. It has been a good thing for our family but hard on me as an individual. I have tried to stay positive but failed attempts at mom groups and the overall self absorbed nature of the community we moved to has led to less than favorable social situations ( which I thrive on). I have leaned heavily on God, and essential oils. My two comforts that I can have no matter where I go. God is understandable, but essential oils? I know you are thinking yeah freaking right. I would probably feel the same way reading someone else's post. However, no matter what you think I tell you honestly that I have used essential oils as not only a way to help myself and my family's overall well being but as a way to live life with purpose. Let me explain. Before we moved I was very nonchalant about what I used in my home. After all we are all going to die sometime right>? Yes, but that is no reason to speed the process along by living in a home full of chemicals. Lets be honest, there are enough other chemicals we are exposed to without adding to the cocktail. After purging sooooooooo muuuuuuuuucccccchhhhhhh stuuuuuuuufffffffff I realized that I surrounded myself with quantity not quality. The new house we have doesn't afford me a bunch of spare room like my old home did. Through mindful prayer and some hefty tears I decided to try and live life with more of an advocate of my home mentality. We have gradually started switching over to using essential oils in our day to day cleaning with Thieves Household Cleaner and we have replaced all the plug ins with a few diffusers. I no longer use perfume with alcohol that dries and irritates my skin but instead like to change up between Joy and Stress AwayBlends. My laundry is washed in simple homemade blend with added essential oils to still feed that "clean smell" we all have grown to love. I love that I can close my eyes and take a deep breath and breathe in a variety of different fresh scents that not only smell good but promote my overall well being. You cannot tell me that in the dead of winter you don't miss fresh floral or citrus scents. I will call your bluff, every time. Essential oils have afforded me both and a whole lot more. I have found a grounding comfort in my essential oils and living a life with purpose has been therapeutic mentally and physically. So when you ask me why, I say why not advocate for yourself , your family and your environment. Now is better than never.


If you have any questions: infinitedabbler@gmail.com
Or for you independent folks:  http://yl.pe/3ck4

No comments:

Post a Comment