Friday, April 22, 2016

Hysterectomies for Everyone!!!!

As I venture out post surgery I have ran into some interesting comments. I am a 28 year old tooting around Walmart on an amigo of course people are going to ask. My children, bless their hearts, have taken it upon themselves to thwart off questions and like to announce, "my mom had her uterus taken out." Betcha didn't see that answer coming did you cashier? One lady nodded and without skipping a beat said well that is nice dear. Others blush or go "Oh, but your so young." The ones that have me absolutely baffled are the One Up Wendys. The who??? Yeah you know who I am talking about. Everybody knows at least one, and sadly a large portion of us know many. If you do not know any One Up Wendys I am sorry to tell you that you might as well accept that in your group of friends YOU are in fact, Wendy. Here is how the conversation goes:

Kay- I had surgery.
Wendy- I have had more than one surgery. Did you have it laproscopic?
Kay- Yes I did, I went home same day. It was nice to be able to relax in my own bed.
Wendy.- When I had laproscopic surgery I got up right off the operating table and walked home up hills both ways.
Kay- That's cool. I was down for about a week.
Wendy.- Yeah I was at dinner at the White House the same night.

I mean come on ladies. What happened to solidarity. What happened to just being there for your fellow woman??? 

The worst thing I have ran into thus far are the Drive Thru Sues. I am appalled at the amount of women who have legitimately said oh you had a hysterectomy? I was thinking about having one cuz I am sooooo over periods. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!! You are not ordering a Happy Meal here you are talking about MAJOR surgery. Which should only happen when MEDICALLY NECESSARY. Not because you find blood inconvenient. The whole idea of going under the knife gave me anxiety of epic levels and this lady just said she wanted a hysterectomy so nonchalantly as if she was talking about ordering her morning latte. Pass. 

I hope you enjoyed the wonderful world through my eyes.

Until next time .......

No comments:

Post a Comment